It’s official. Both my parents are now 55 years old. My, how time flies. Exactly five months ago, I shared 25 things about Dad HERE, and now, I’ll be sharing 25 things about Mom too.
To my dearest Mom, thank you and happy birthday! :)
25 Things About my Mom
1. She loves wearing monochromatic clothes with matching bag and shoes. Hehehe.
2. She has a sweet tooth. Just this morning, she preferred eating bread with butter and hot cocoa than bread with lettuce, tomato, and sausage. She kept on saying how delicious and good the chocolate was!
3. 24/7 Dermatologist – well, only to her family. Haha. The best thing about having a derma mom is we could have free facials anytime. Before we go to work, in the middle of the night, while we’re on vacation… you name it!
4. When Dad and Mom got married, Mom attended simple baking and cooking classes so she could learn more and improve her skills in the kitchen. Now, she makes delicious meals for the family!
5. She is the #1 person that I send text messages to. Hahaha. Mom’s very reliable and updated when it comes to family concerns and schedules. Also, she takes time to hear me out when I share updates/stories via SMS.
6. She is very neat and organized. She always makes sure to tidy things up in the kitchen, clinic, and rooms. She makes her bed every morning! Something that I don’t always do 365 times in a year.
7. Her smiley face vs. my smiley face. Hahaha.
8. Since her last birthday (2014), she has been literally walking with the Lord around the village every morning. She spends time listening to God, praying to him, listening to Christian songs while walking.
9. She’s my flower/vegetable/herb plant buddy.
10. Mom gets teary-eyed easily (Just like my older sister, Michelle :P). Usually, this happens whenever she watches movies with dramatic scenes, listens to the messages at Church on Sundays, listens to inspiring testimonies, or sees another person crying.
11. She falls asleep quickly. Sometimes, in the middle of the movie. Sometimes, while we’re eating dinner. Haha. But, of course, even Supermoms need to rest. :)
12. She spends money wisely. She doesn’t splurge on shopping, gadgets, etc. and she definitely isn’t an impulsive buyer.
13. She graciously helped me finish my crochet and cross-stitch projects when I was still in the 3rd grade. I will never forget how difficult it was for me and how amazing Mom was in assisting me. :)
14. She is the peacemaker in the house. Whenever we have conflicts with the other members of the family, she encourages us to resolve them immediately and sincerely.
15. She has an intimate relationship with God and regularly spends time with his Word. Also, she naturally shares Jesus to the people around her.
16. She finds her security in Christ. I remember one time when my dad and mom went to Tagaytay for an event; my mom sent us a text message saying that she left her make-up kit at home. But instead of focusing on the downside of the situation, she spoke to God about it and she decided to find her security and beauty in Christ alone, and not depend on her make-up.
17. She is an encourager! When I was struggling with my accounting subjects in college, mom would always send text messages to me to encourage me. Until now, I still have some of her messages in my phone.
18. One of the best examples of a submissive wife with a gentle and quiet spirit. She always chooses to honor God by honoring her husband, even in the midst of disagreements and problems.
19. For the past couple of years, she has been preparing healthy meals for the family. She avoids cooking processed food and she doesn’t use MSG and high-fructose corn syrup anymore.
20. Mom was interviewed by Karen Young and featured in her blog HERE, where she shared about God’s faithfulness to our family when we experienced the fire last 2004.
21. She sincerely loves her family (husband, children, siblings, parents). It is a blessing to see her spend time listening to her mom and mother-in-law on the phone whenever they need someone to talk to. She also takes time to pray for us. :)
22. She does her own hair and make-up whenever she goes to events/weddings.
23. When asked to do a wacky face, she always pouts. Hahaha.
24. She enjoys watching romantic comedies and action movies. But, I think she enjoys the action movies more.
25. By God’s grace, she is the best faithful helpmate to dad! Always willing to encourage, support, and rebuke when needed. Oh, and she’s a pastor’s wife too!
Love you, Mom!
“Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.” -Proverbs 31:28-30